* The Free Range Librarian http://freerangelibrarian.com/
'On Not Writing,' K.G Schneider
It is evident throughout this piece that the author is deeply distressed by the global state of affairs. The author talks of her attempts to avoid anything showing current affairs and her inability to do so - the saturation of the media and the impossibility of trying to cocoon oneself from the horrors she perceives to be in the world. The author likens the state of the world now to be similar to watching something terrible happen, but being powerless to stop the event from happening.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOL.. home brewing? I was thinking WTH when I started reading the current posts on this site and it took me a few to scroll down and see the library stuff in more older posts. Maybe the freerangelibrarian is opting out like the hippies did in the 60s and 70s. I think I can relate to that.. how much social networking can one person do!
ReplyDeleteHa ha agreed! I am still working out how to filter some of the feeds, see how I go...
ReplyDelete