Saturday, March 21, 2009

Week 2 RSS podcasts & wikis

For this week, I have created an account through Google Reader for RSS feeds. I was not aware of this, but it appears as though my subscriptions on Blogger are synchronised onto Google Reader.

From this, I have had a look at other feeds and subscribed to the ABC 'Counterpoint' program and 'Correspondents Report' which look at news and analysis in Australia and throughout the world. I have had a look at 'Podcast Directory' and have added 'KCRW's Left, Right & Center Podcasts'. From having a look at Pocast Directory, i have added the URL onto my blog as well as I believe it is a useful site, being a directory, and is is very helpful or someone like me at this stage who has not ever really looked into this field before. To be able to have a large amount of subjects to browse and subscribe to if you are interested is a good way to search for the uninitiated.

2 comments:

  1. I have also set up a Google Reader Account and found the same.. that it will automatically pick up what other google applications your signing in with and select them. The RSS feed with blogspot is actually quite useful as to quickly check to see what posts have been made on blogs I am following I simply open my blog and check it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a positive I think. As you mentioned I have been able to view recent RSS feeds through my blog without having to separately log onto Google Reader.
    I have added a post that I have found a potentially relevant RSS feed on Counterpoint discussing the role of the internet in the digital age, so I will listen to that and let you know, might be interesting...

    ReplyDelete