Sunday, April 19, 2009

Summary - My Journey

Over the last six weeks, there have been many new ideas and concepts that we have faced in relation to information management.
Prior to undertaking this course, every other assignment I have worked on previously has been on a topic that I have chosen. This had meant that I was able to focus on my strengths or my interests and avoid topics that I either had no interest in or did not particularly understand or want to participate in. This was the first assignment I have had to complete where the tasks were set up for me and the topics were planned out, which I believe to be an advantage in a course like this and with this particular assignment as it has ensured that us as students have had to address each of these new terms and concepts, whilst still allowing us the freedom within our own blogs to explore those set topics as we wished.
Personally, this task goes beyond study and encourages practical participation whereby we as students are made to become at least familiar with a number of different facilities on the web, helping our employability and increase our skills for our future endeavours.
In undertaking these tasks each week, I believe I have become familiar with these new terms, 'Web 2.0', 'Social Bookmarking', 'Mashups', in a way that I do not believe would have been obained if the assessment did not require a level of involvement as has been required of us the last six weeks.
Personally, this course has so far been quite removed from the study that I have carried out to date, and there has been much that I have been able to learn and take away from completing this assignment. The structure of this assignment has pushed the boundaries of what I know as a web user and I am hopeful these tasks and the familiarising with numerous forms of information management systems will be beneficial for all of us in our futures.

No comments:

Post a Comment